Emma Morano, age 116, is now the oldest person in the world

morano
It is believed that a woman from Italy is now the oldest person in the world. Emma Morano, age 116, is also the last known living person who was born in the 1800s.
On Friday, journalists paid Emma Morano a visit at her home in Verbania, which is located on a mountain in northern Italy. Journalists had to wait until she was finished with her nap before greeting her.

Her home is a well-kept one-room apartment. She never leaves the apartment, but she does have frequent visits with her caregiver and two of her nieces.

After waking up from her nap, she greeted the eager journalists.
"I am doing fine —116!"
She went on to talk about her life.
"I finished school and I went to work. I used to sing. I had a beautiful voice."
Journalists note her voice as being frail as she spoke.

Morano's doctor had delivered the news to Morano earlier that day that she was the "world's oldest person." Morano was pleased to hear the news. Doctors believe that her longevity is attributed to her genes. One of her sisters lived to be well over 100 years old, and another one was nearly 100 when she died.

Morano came from difficult surroundings. When she reached adulthood, she married. Her husband ended up being very abusive. She also lost an infant son to crib death. Her son was only 6 months old.
Emma Morano abandoned her abusive husband and worked hard, well into her retirement years.

Her physician said this about Emma Morano:
"She is always a very serene. The beauty of Emma is that it is normal that she smiles, but also in difficulties, she is very decisive. But perhaps this tranquility comes with age, which becomes wisdom. Who knows"

After leaving her abusive husband in 1938, she never remarried.

Someone once asked Emma Morano what the secret was to living longer. She told them: "Eat raw meat and stay single."

My Two Cents

I tip my hat to this woman. I admire strong women who have overcome obstacles and made something of themselves. This woman went through so much hell, but was able to find tranquility through the stormy seas of life. The fates have definitely kept her around this long for a reason.

Blessings and positive vibes to her! She is a true inspiration!

As far as the raw meat thing, I can't eat raw meat. I like my meat cooked and properly seasoned. The single part I can do...and I do it very well, LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?