Donald Trump unleashes sexist argument about Hillary Clinton

primary
One would think that sweeping the I95 primaries would put a little pep in Trump's step. Guess not.

Following his mind-boggling sweep, Donald Trump reiterated a comment he made earlier about Clinton using "the woman's card."
"Well, I think the only card she has is the women’s card — she’s got nothing else going."

He continued:
"And frankly, if Hillary Clinton were a man, I don’t think she’d get five percent of the vote. The only thing she’s got going is the women’s card, and the beautiful thing is, women don’t like her, okay, and look how well I did with women tonight."

During Hillary Clinton's own victory speech, she touched upon Trump's sexist comment, saying:
"Mr. Trump accused me of playing the, quote, 'woman card.' Well, if fighting for women’s health care and paid family leave and equal pay is playing the woman card, then deal me in!"

My Two Cents

This isn't Trump's first misogynistic rodeo. Ever since he entered the election, he has spoken very unfavorably about women. He once said that women who have abortions should be punished. He has made depraved comments about his own daughter. He basically does not like women.
And despite what he says about all women liking him, The Gallup Poll that was published in early April showed that Trump is viewed unfavorably by 70% of women. Only 23% think he's the sh*t.

Another thing that I want to bring up is this whole idea that Clinton's support is based solely on her being a woman. While I do not endorse her as president, I find this to be offensive. People do not vote for someone because they are male, female, black, white, purple, human, android, flying monkey, etc. People vote based on what the candidate can bring to the table. Can they make positive changes in our country? Can they make sure our country is protected against terrorists?
Hillary Clinton does support the same things I support. However, I will not vote for her just so we have a female president. Anyone who does that is absurd. Hillary Clinton has to prove to myself, and the rest of the country, that she has our best interests at heart. I don't trust her.

Anyways, Trump's sexist comment was uncalled for, and wrong on so many levels. I don't think Trump should even be running for president. He is a cancer.

PS- I appreciated Clinton's response. I actually cheered her while watching her speech.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?