MTV's Nev Schulman causes Twitter uproar with racist tweet.

ns
The man behind MTV's "Catfish" and "Suspect" found himself in deep water when he tweeted that black women tend to "catfish" a lot. This was during BET's "Black Girls Rock" awards show.
While the night was supposed to be about empowering black women, Schulman used his time to post this:
ns
The tweet was soon after deleted from his profile, but not before the twitterverse erupted with anger.
Many women tweeted him, expressing anger for his disrespect toward black women. They also said that they won't be watching his shows anymore.

One tweet that had more than 100 likes said: "Nev Schulman is what happens when a certain kind of NYC white child realizes he ain't never gonna be smarter or more interesting than BW."

Nev Schulman did apologize to those he upset with his tweet. He thanked everyone for "teaching him a valuable lesson."

My Two Cents

I should be ashamed to admit that I watch his shows, given that I'm older than his targeted demographic. However, I think what he does is important; he helps people who are in trouble, and he calls out people who pretend to be someone they're not. I'm glad that the younger generation has these shows to watch.

When it comes to what he said on Tuesday night, I hope it's just an isolated case of sh*tty foot-in-mouth disease. I'm not downplaying what he said at all. I think it was a disgusting tweet, and I am glad he got called out on it.

Consider this your second chance, sir. Don't disappoint me!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?