Janet Jackson postpones tour to plan family with husband. Is she pregnant?

jj
In a video message posted on Twitter, Jackson revealed that she is postponing the second half of her tour in order to plan a family with her husband, Wissam Al Mana.

This is what she said in her video message:

"We're in the second leg of the tour, and there actually has been a sudden change. I thought it was important that you be the first to know. My husband and I are planning our family. So I'm going to have to delay the tour. Please, if you can try and understand it's important that I do this now. I have to rest up, doctor's orders. I have not forgotten about you. I will continue the tour as soon as I possibly can."

The video message has led people to believe that the 49-year-old singer may be pregnant.
At the end of her video message, she thanked her fans for their love and loyalty.

People on social media have been quick to react to this news, many of whom are chastising her for trying to conceive so late in life. Because she hasn't officially announced a pregnancy, Jackson has not responded to the criticism.

My Two Cents

Are there risks associated with having a baby later in life? Yes. However, it does not mean that a woman is being selfish by bringing a baby into the world when she is in her 40s. Obviously, it is a lot harder (but not impossible) to conceive after 35 and 40. However, with fertility treatments and keeping a healthy lifestyle, the process is a smidge less grueling than it would be if a couple were trying to conceive au natural.

If Janet Jackson is trying to conceive, I am sure she knows that she is fighting an uphill battle, hence the reason why she is on doctor ordered rest.

I think that the criticism regarding her age is unfair and ignorant. We don't know her situation.
With that said, I do wish her all the best in planning her family.

If you want to know more about conceiving a baby later in life, click here.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?