A case of the "Aging Millennial."

millennial
A senior editor over at Hello Giggles wrote a very interesting piece about the "Aging Millennial." While at first I was a little annoyed about my age group being referred to as "aging millennial" (I was born in 1982), I read into her commentary further, and it surprisingly made sense.

You might be wondering what I mean when I say "aging millennial." Well, as it pertains to this specific story, an "aging millennial" is anyone who was born between 1982 and 1989.

In the commentary, we are the group who isn't represented on any TV show. We cannot relate to 99% of the shows currently out there. We know some about technology, but we aren't tech-savvy like the younger millennials and post-millennials.

According to the article, the "aging millennial" generation is "lazy and entitled." We live in our parents' basement, and freeload to our heart's desire.
In reality, a good amount of "aging millennials" work decent jobs and live on their own.
Oh, and we pay our taxes too (*gasp!* I bet you naysaying older folks didn't think we could do that!).

Anyway, the whole point of the commentary is that our group doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the millennials, because we know what life was like before we became technology's b*tch.

Should the "aging millennial" be a sub-group in the millennial category? I think if it were stated differently (I don't like being known as an aging anything. I'm turning 34 this year, not 74), I wouldn't be opposed to being a part of a sub-group.

What about "Senior Millennials?" Can all of my fellow "Senior Millennials" get on board with that?

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?