Jodie Sweetin responds to Miley Cyrus' old photo of her.

jodmil
Recently, Miley Cyrus posted an old photo of actress Jodie Sweetin straddling a man during a wild night out. The man's face was blurred out, but Dave Coulier's face was edited onto it to appear as if Sweetin was straddling him.

What was Jodie Sweetin's response?
"I don’t pay attention to negative stuff. I have so much good stuff going on in my life right now that I try not to pay attention.”
She added that she doesn't think it's worth it for people to pay attention to negativity.

Miley Cyrus reacted to Jodie Sweetin's response, and it was pretty senseless.
"Current Mood #fullerhouse only you freaks take this as shaming! To me it looks like Stephanie is having a f**king gay ol time!"

My Two Cents:

You know, I had hopes that Miley Cyrus had straightened up after going back with Liam Hemsworth. Guess not.
What she said and did was beyond insulting. Yes, Jodie has a past that consisted of drug use. However, she sought help and she has been clean for FIVE YEARS. Making light of the time period in the photo is just petty and childish. In that photo is a beautiful young woman who was down the wrong path. Why bring that up, Miley? Why make light of it? What about your history? Is yours as white as snow? 

This story hit me hard because I am also in recovery. I was abusing alcohol for a long time, and I hit rock bottom last summer. I sought treatment in the fall, and have been sober ever since. If someone brought up a photo of me completely bombed, I wouldn't have been as classy as Jodie Sweetin. Her struggles should NOT be mocked. Her success in overcoming her obstacles should be celebrated. She is a terrific role model for teen girls and women who have gone through similar struggles.

Mocking someone's addiction, and/or chastising them for their addiction, is completely unacceptable.
I am not proud of my alcohol abuse, but I am proud to be nearly 6 months sober. I'm pretty sure Jodie Sweetin is proud to be 5 years clean.
All of us who have overcome the demon of addiction should be damn proud. Seriously, don't let people tell you otherwise. You are clean and sober. Celebrate that! Forget the haters!

Miley Cyrus, you need to grow up. Before you start pointing fingers and calling people out on their past struggles, make sure under your nails are clean.

*Note: Out of respect for Jodie Sweetin, and anyone who is in recovery, I am not sharing the photo in question. It can be triggering and I'm not putting anyone through that.*

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?