Candace Cameron Bure and daughter to become teen advice columnists for J-14.

ccbnb
With the successful reboot of 'Full House' behind her (and haters licking their wounds) Candace Cameron Bure is joining forces with her 17-year-old daughter Natasha to dish out advice to today's teens. Candace and Natasha will be joining teen magazine J-14 as teen advice columnists.
Every teen subject will be covered, from bullying to texting to teens talking to their parents about important issues.

Candace expressed her excitement for this new endeavor in a released statement:
"Natasha and I can’t wait to team up and pass along our generational experiences to readers of J-14! Natasha will be able to relate to what it is like to be a teen in 2016, offering quick and current advice. I’ll offer advice from a mother/adult perspective, but let’s not forget I was a teen once, too!"

The staff over at J-14 are equally as excited to have Candace and Natasha on board. Brittany Galla said this about the Bure's joining the team:
"J-14 has long been a safe and secure environment for today’s girls, helping them to become tomorrow’s confident women. That’s why I’m thrilled to team up with Candace, someone I personally grew up admiring on 'Full House.’ With her heartfelt and thoughtful advice as well as having her daughter, Natasha, as her sounding board. Candace is the perfect person to provide her insight to our readers. I know that they both will be the perfect additions to our long-standing column."

My Two Cents:

I have nothing negative to say about this. I think they will be helpful to teens needing advice. However, I wonder how they will handle serious topics, such as homosexuality, trans issues, racism, mental illness, self-injury, feminism, suicide, and many others. These topics will come up, and I hope Candace and Natasha's advice (if it comes from a religious standpoint), doesn't trigger a teen to hurt themselves. That is my only concern. In the gay community and trans community, many teens commit suicide because they feel they do not have someone in their life that understands them or cares about them. I hope Candace and Natasha approach these sensitive topics with an open mind and loving heart.

Sound off: Do you think Candace Cameron Bure and Natasha Bure will be good columnists to this teen magazine? Let me know in the comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?