Cat hacks: Understanding cat trills.

patches
Cats make an abundance of interesting sounds, meows, yowls, hisses, purrs, chirps, and more.
One of the most peculiar sounds that a cat can make is a "trilling" sound. Other words to describe this vocalization is a squeak, chirp, or chirrup. Cats may express this vocalization when happy to see their human(s) or a cat friend. In cat speak, a trill is a way to greet something or someone friendly.

You may hear your cat make the vocalization at a higher note. This is their way of inviting you to play or feed them.

Trills can also be expressed as a warning sign. For example, you get home after a long day at the office. All you want to do is just sit down and rest your aching bones. If you are about to sit down where your furbaby is sitting, you may be greeted with a warning trill. It is basically your cat's way of saying, "Hey! I'm sitting here! Please don't park that 'thang' on top of me!"

Here is a clip of a cat trilling (it will give you 'all the feels'):
Note: the cat in the video is not my cat.
The photo above is my cat Patches :-)


My Two Cents:

My cat Patches makes trilling sounds throughout the day. When she first came to stay with me, I wondered about the noises she was making. I had to look them up so I could better bond with my cat. Now that I have all this information, I just have to share it with all my fellow cat parents. 

Cat parents: Does your cat make a trilling vocalization? Let me know in the comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?