How to tell if your cat loves you

patches
Cats can be fickle creatures, but there are ways to tell whether or not your cat loves you.
Here are a few ways in which cats are saying, "I love you."


Purring
While this may be a sure fire way to tell if a cat loves you, it can also mean a mixture of other things. If a cat is anxious, they may try to calm themselves down by purring.
If your furbaby is purring in your presence, more than likely it means that they feel content with you and cared for, just as they were with their cat mother.

Grooming
Cats are not necessarily known for being notorious lickers like dogs, but when they do lick you, consider yourself chosen by your kitty. Licking is one of the ultimate signs of affection that you can receive from a kitty.

Showing of the belly
If your cat flops down on their side and exposes their belly, that is a compliment right there. Exposing their belly makes the cat vulnerable, and if he or she is exposing it to you, they trust you more than anything in the world.

Life with Patches

Patches has been in my life for many years, but has since come into my care full-time within the past few months. She and I bonded when I started bringing her with me to my room and playing with her. She loved our time together. She started giving me kisses, chewing on my hair, and would not stop purring. We became attached to one another.
Now that she is my full-time furbaby, she follows me around from room-to-room. She sleeps under my desk as I work. She meows at the bathroom door when I'm getting ready for the day. She lays on top of me in bed and watches TV with me. She's a very happy cat.

When our cats say "I love you," the main way we can say "I love you" back is to give them the best care possible. Also, a slow blink helps as well.

(photo is of my cat Patches)

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?