Would Candace Cameron Bure be 'on board' with a LGBT storyline on 'Fuller House?'

ccb
We all know how deeply conservative Candace Cameron Bure is. For the past several years, she has been extremely vocal about her Christian faith. Now that she is returning to sitcom TV, would she be able to handle being on a show that has an LGBT plotline?
That was the question that was asked of Candace Cameron Bure at a Television Critics Association sit down with fellow cast members Andrea Barber and Jodie Sweetin.
Show producer Jeff Franklin said that an LGBT-inclusive plot line would be a "possibility."

Candace Cameron Bure said this about the possibility of an LGBT plot line:
"I’m always defending religious freedom and that’s what I was talking about on 'The View.' I didn’t describe my personal feelings about [marriage equality]. But I’m an actress on a television show and I support all things that we go through as human beings and would love all our characters to explore whatever issues that are current in our culture and our society today and I’m 100% on board with that.”

As of right now, there is no LGBT plot line on 'Fuller House.' If the show does well on Netflix, who knows what we will see in future seasons.

My Two Cents:

While I am glad that she isn't "pulling a Kirk Cameron (note: While on Growing Pains, Cameron tried to get a female co-star fired because she posed for Playboy in her past. It put him at odds with the rest of the cast. He wanted everyone to be on his level, and he wanted to turn the show into something semi-religious)" diva fit about including an LGBT plot, I do worry about what might happen if the idea becomes a reality.

On the flip side, maybe Bure is trying to slowly come around and not be as narrow-minded as she used to be. I could be wrong. I honestly hope this first season of 'Fuller House' does well. I would love to see how a LGBT plot line is handled in a future season.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?