Remembering David Bowie 1947-2016

davidbowie
Today, the world woke up to the sad news of David Bowie's passing. The icon died Sunday after a long battle with cancer. He was 69 years old.

The news broke on Bowie's Facebook page early Monday morning:
"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief."

The news was also confirmed by his son, Duncan Jones.

Bowie's death comes just days after he celebrated his 69th birthday. His birthday was also the day he released his latest studio album, "Blackstar."

David Bowie's career spanned across several decades. Hits such as "Space Oddity," "Fame," and "Under Pressure," made him a superstar and a living legend. In 1996, Bowie was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
David Bowie dabbled into acting as well. He is mostly known in the acting world for his role in 1986 classic "Labyrinth."

My Two Cents:

When I woke up this morning and saw the news alerts, I didn't want to believe it. I checked the Associated Press and Bowie's Facebook page and I was saddened. I first learned of David Bowie when I was a kid and "Labyrinth" came out. I remember being afraid of him at first. As I got older and kept watching the movie from time to time, I started having crushes on him. I started listening to his music when I became a teenager and I loved his artistry. He was definitely The Man.

David Bowie, thank you for the music. You will be forever missed. RIP!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?