Do you make New Year's resolutions?

nyresolution
A big long-standing tradition at the end of one year, and the beginning of another, is to make resolutions. Some may resolve to lose weight. Some may resolve to get that coveted promotion at work. Some may even resolve to find true love by year's end. While it is all fine and dandy to make resolutions, can some resolutions be made too big to live up to? People put so much emphasis on a new year being a tabula rasa, a ways to start off fresh and new. They may wait for the new year to start and then think the work is done.
Unfortunately, just because the calendar has rolled into another year, it doesn't mean the work has finished. If we want that big promotion, and if we want to lose weight, we need to put in the effort all year long. A numerical year holds no power. We do.

I have been known to make New Year's resolutions. This year, I want to continue the happiness I embraced late last year. The only way I can continue my hard work is to make healthy choices and surround myself with positive people and things. Continuing my sobriety is also important to me. I have been sober for nearly 4 months. As long as I continue to work on my mental health, maintaining sobriety is a cinch for me. I am also looking to get back onto the dating scene. It's been quite a while since my last relationship and I want to meet new people.

Whatever it is that we want for the new year, we need to work towards it. When it comes to weight loss (perhaps the most popular New Year's resolution), you can't just go to the gym for 2 to 3 months and then quit. You need to put in consistent effort in order to see the results. You also need to put in the effort to maintain the results. I know I need to practice what I preach, and I intend to once I'm medically cleared to get back to my workouts.

Anyways, I hope all of you has a wonderful and safe 2016. Be healthy, happy, and full of love.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?