'Girl Meets World' star Rowan Blanchard opens up about her sexuality.

rowanblanchard
Rowan Blanchard has proven time and time again that she is an old soul, despite being only 14. Last year, she penned a letter supporting feminism. Her speech matches that of a Harvard graduate, and she has risen above what the naysayers say about her.

Now, she is opening up about a topic that is rather taboo when it consists of a 14 year old girl: their sexuality. The 'Girl Meets World' star revealed in a post the following:
"In my life—only ever liked boys. However I personally don't wanna label myself as straight, gay or whateva so I am not gonna give myself labels to stick with—just existing;). Yes, [I'm] open to liking any gender in future is why I identify as queer."

Fans of Blanchard's came out in support of her reveal, as one requested that there be a "BisexualRileyMatthews2k16." (Referring to her character, Riley Matthews on GMW). The actress was in support of that idea.

My Two Cents:

The more I read about this young woman, the more I admire her. She is a strong and solid teen who already knows what she wants out of life. She has been an inspiration for many teens around the world, and her identifying as queer at such a young age can help many teens going through the same situation.

I remember when I was a teen, I didn't know what I wanted. I found myself drawn to both males and females. When I was in high school, a boy bullied me for liking females. Because of how traumatizing that was, I was afraid to explore my feelings. I was able to explore them as I entered college and beyond. While a label of pansexual does identify where I am at sexuality-wise, I don't want to have any labels (except the ones on clothes). I am who I am and I don't make apologies for it.
Rowan is who she is, and she does not have to apologize for it. Ever.

Rowan, by expressing yourself in these posts, many teens your age and even younger are able to relate to you on another level. Your journey can inspire them to be strong and to not be afraid.
Don't ever change. Even though I am old enough to be your mother, I wish I had a classmate like you when I was your age.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?