The sexiness that is Ruby Rose, and the straight women who are "going gay" for her

photo credit: zimbio

Ladies, I don't want to get off on a rant (well actually I do), but I have a huge problem with the straight women who say they would "go gay" for Ruby Rose.

First of all, there is no "going gay." You either are or aren't. Yes, Ruby Rose may be a genderfluid lesbian, but you still cannot "go gay" for her. If you are looking at her, and picturing yourself tearing off her clothes and licking her from head to toe, you may want to think long and hard about that. Perhaps you're not as straight as you may think.

Secondly, I know many women in the gay community who are annoyed with straight women saying they would "go gay" for Ruby Rose.

A contributor for Huff Post's Gay Voices stated something that I agree with:
"Straight girls are comfortable being attracted to Ruby Rose because she doesn't pose a real threat to their heterosexuality, or their need to readdress their conceptions of beauty and sexuality. She allows them to embrace their newfound "lesbianism," while staying within their comfort zone."
She also made an excellent point here as well:
"Straight girls are comfortable with Ruby Rose in a way that apparently isn't possible with (Lea)DeLaria or (Samira)Wiley. Is it because Rose, though a lesbian -- which might initially frighten these straight girls off -- is still skinny, white and, to a degree, feminine-presenting, while DeLaria and Wiley are not? I think that certainly has something to do with it."
This is what I'd like to call "Straight Privilege."

As far as my sexuality is concerned, I don't identify myself as anything but me. I do have a history of dating both men and women, but I wouldn't call myself Bisexual. I am attracted to a person's energy and soul. I do my own thing. I am not confused, or questioning, or bi-curious, or greedy. I am just me and I don't apologize for it.

Do I find Ruby Rose attractive? Absolutely. But I also find a lot of the women on OITNB attractive. I've had a thing for Natasha Lyonne for over a decade. I think Samira Wiley is sexy. Hell, I'd even let Lea DeLaria pin me against the wall if given the chance.

Going back to Ruby Rose, I think she is an amazing addition to the OITNB family and I hope we see more of her in season four. (don't get me started on that nude scene *fans self*)
As for the straight females who say they would "go gay" for Ruby Rose:

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?