Queen's guard vs. tourist: sh*t gets real

photo credit: standarduk

Last Monday, a video uploaded to YouTube showed a tourist trying to get a rise out of the Queen's guard. Dude mocked the guard by mimicking his struct. Of course, the guard kept his cool.
As soon as the tourist put his hand on the guard's shoulder, sh*t got VERY REAL. Soldier immediately points a large rifle at the tourist and says, "Step back from the Queen's guard!"
Tourist complies and goes about his day.

Queen's guard is badass, and a force to be reckoned with.

My Two Cents:

When I was 16, I went to the UK. We visited the Buckingham Palace area and I saw these guards up close. Did I mock these guards? A little. I saw some of my peers doing a lot of suggestive moves on the guards. One guard did give one of my peers the evil eye. The rest didn't do anything. The only time they moved was during the "changing of the guards."
I can only imagine the things these guards tell their families when they get off the clock. I actually feel bad for them.
As for this specific guard: Well done, sir!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?