Breaking: Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage


Today, history has been made, and it is a beautiful history.

In a 5-4 ruling, the court has determined that every American has the right to marry the person they love, regardless of gender.

The CEO of GLAAD had this to say about the historic ruling:
“Today, love prevailed and our nation became a more perfect union by affirming that all people are indeed created equal and justice belongs to everyone. With this decision, loving and committed same-sex couples can finally rest knowing their families are protected and their dignity is no longer up for public debate. But as we celebrate this watershed victory for fairness, we are reminded that marriage equality is a benchmark, not a finish line, and our work to bridge the gap to full acceptance for LGBT people continues.”

My Two Cents:

Those that know me know that I am an avid supporter of the GLBT community. I literally almost started crying tears of joy when I saw the news break about this decision. I had been following this story for quite a while and I have been hoping and praying that the Supreme Court would rule in favor of gay marriage.

Now, across this great country of ours, everyone has the right to be married. I know that many conservatives will be quite upset by this ruling, but I have one thing to say to them:
Love is stronger than your hate. Take off your blinders and allow love to take over. Once you do that, you will truly be free.

Join me in celebrating marriage equality!
Thank you Supreme Court for allowing love into the constitution. On behalf of the GLBT community, I thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?