Jason Biggs tweets a joke about recent Malaysia airline tragedy, and outrage follows


Jason Biggs may be everyone's favorite funnyman actor, but, in real life, he seems to have a real sarcastic sense of humor, and that's putting it nicely, according to some.

Hours after news broke about Malaysia Flight 17 being shot down and crashing in the Russian/Ukraine area, leaving 295 people dead, Jason Biggs tweeted the following:
Of course, people felt like it was way too soon for someone to be making jokes, especially since this was not the airline's fault. Neither was Flight 370, which went missing 3 months ago.
Biggs received A TON of outrage from fans and Biggs fired back. Here are a few of the things that he said to his (former) fans:
Maybe Biggs has a sarcastic sense of humor. Perhaps, he uses humor as a defense mechanism when the world gets scary. However, not everyone does. I understand that Biggs doesn't really care that he's offended people, but, some of the people he may have offended could have been family members or friends of those who were aboard Flight 17. I'm not saying Biggs should censor himself. I'm just saying that calling people "assholes" and "pussies" hours after a tragedy is not cool. 

Was the joke funny? It was on the border of offensive and it was kind of too soon. My problem with Jason Biggs right now is the way he handled the backlash from fans. You can tell your fans that you were being funny without going to that level. I call people names too and make a TON of jokes. It's my defense mechanism too. I'm fluent in sarcasm. It's how I can deal with all the assholes in the world. But, the whole Malaysia tragedy has just bummed me out. I can't bring myself to unleash on the world today (but I will be back tomorrow).

Dude, you need to save that shit for another day. Today is just not the day. 

[photo credit: screen shots via twitter, hollywoodtake.com]

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?