Did Earth dodge a catastrophic solar storm in 2012?


Well, according to news that came out last week, we did.

In 2012, a major solar flare erupted that could have knocked modern civilization all the way back to the 18th century. Basically we would have been living like the Amish, but worse.
The eruption took place on July 23, 2012, and if the eruption had happened one week prior, we would have been in BIG TROUBLE!
Of course, the government and the media hid all of this from us, and decided to tell everyone two years later.

Had the solar flare erupted one week prior to July 23rd and impacted Earth, all of our modern technology (computers, phones, electricity, cars, planes, everything) would no longer work. People would probably die. We would have no idea how to handle our daily lives. I'm pretty sure the Amish would laugh their asses off at us.

I'm slightly peeved that the government didn't say anything about this in 2012. If we were that close to a catastrophic solar storm, I think I would have liked to know. I don't know about you. I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and.....BOOM! It's the 18th century again. There would be a shit ton of anarchy.
Why wait two years to tell us?

I am glad that we dodged this solar storm, but, I hope that we get some notice for the next one. I don't want to wake up one morning and find out that I can't use my coffeemaker. This bitch needs her coffee in the morning! LOL!

[photo credit: www.vizfact.com]

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?