This week's 'heartless c**tbag' report: Woman tricks everyone into believing she was dying from cancer.

photo credit: tntrealtygroupsd

In 2013, Meaghan Hudson claimed to have cancer and only one year to live. For the next year, her parents set up fundraisers, collecting over $7,000 in donations. As sad as that is, it doesn't end there. Hudson's friends shaved their head and got tattoos in support of their ailing friend.
Hudson's lies caught up to her last summer when an anonymous person phoned police and told them that Hudson was lying about having cancer. Police confronted Hudson and she admitted to police that she lied. She was arrested on felony charges and is currently out on bond.

Understandably, no one is speaking to her. Her own parents have severed ties with her because of her lies. Hudson's parents will be returning the donation money to those who contributed money.

My Two Cents:

People like Hudson make me physically sick to my stomach. For the life of me, I cannot comprehend how someone could lie about having cancer, and just selfishly take from those around her. Does she not have a soul? I mean, people die from cancer everyday, and she used this deadly disease in order to con people out of their time and money.

Cancer runs high in my family. Both my parents had cancer (both are in remission). My grandfather (on my mom's side) fought cancer (he's still alive). My great-grandfather fought cancer (he died 20+ years ago from it). I've watched schoolmates, friends, and aquaintances battle cancer and it really breaks my heart. When I think about people who fake having cancer in order to gain attention and money, I end up throwing up in my mouth. It makes me want to get very violent toward these liars.

A few years ago, a schoolmate of mine passed away from cancer. She was only in her late 20s. She was a cheerleader and a pillar in the cheerleading community. The night before she died, she and the love of her life got married. Hours later, she passed away. She fought a long and hard battle, and never complained. She continued to inspire many people, and she continues to inspire people posthumously.
One of my dearest friends was diagnosed with cancer last year. He is only in his 20s. He has gone through hell and back the past several months, with chemo, doctor appointments, and a hellish Boston winter. He has had the love of his life by his side, and together, they have looked cancer in the face and told it to "f*ck off."

Cancer is a disease that I despise with every fiber of my being. What I hate more than cancer are people who use the disease for their own financial gain. People like Hudson have no heart and no soul. There is a special place in hell for people like Hudson.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?