Did Nina Dobrev leave "The Vampire Diaries" because of Ian Somerhalder?

photo credit: fanpop

If you pay attention to young love and television news, you may have heard about Dobrev's surprising departure from her hit show, "The Vampire Diaries."

The news saddened TVD fans all around the world, but many are speculating that she is leaving the show because of her ex, Ian Somerhalder.
As everyone knows, Somerhalder get engaged to Nikki Reed recently.

Dobrev left a heartfelt note for her fans on Instagram, gushing about how much she loved her 6 season run on TVD. The "Degrassi" alum requested that fans celebrate her character, 'Elena's' life, and prepare to say goodbye to her.

My Two Cents:

While it hasn't been confirmed that she is leaving because of her ex, I can completely understand how awkward it can be having to see your ex everyday. When I was in college, I had a brief romance with a guy I was completely into. Unfortunately, my feelings were unrequited. For the next  3 years of my college years, I had to see him everyday. It was very awkward, and I wanted to leave school so many times. It was my friendships that kept me in school. The guy and I had on again and off again moments, but I cut him out of my life in early 2012, when I got together with my current partner.

Folks, life can be hard, and it can be messy. Some of us may have romances with co-workers or peers. The romance may not work out, and you end up having to see their smug face everyday. It's a way of life.

If Dobrev had quit the show because of her ex, it is a juvenile move. A job is a job, and who knows if she will find another show as popular as TVD. As talented of an actress as she may be, quitting a show because of a romance could hurt her career.

I'm just sayin....

Readers: Do you think Nina Dobrev quit the show because of her ex, and his engagement to Nikki Reed?

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?