"Full House" spinoff "Fuller House" is officially happening!

photo credit: Tumblr

Don't have a cow everyone.....the Tanners are back!

For years, fans who grew up watching "Full House" have been left with unanswered questions as to what happened to DJ Tanner, Kimmy Gibbler, Stephanie Tanner, and the rest. Well, these questions will be officially answered!

John Stamos (uncle Jesse) made the announcement last night while on Jimmy Kimmel. Netflix has ordered 13 episodes, which will premiere in 2016.

The show will center around DJ Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron-Bure), a veterinarian who is recently widowed. She is raising two kids (two teen boys), with a third on the way. Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin), lives with her older sister, and is an aspiring musician. Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber), will be on hand, raising her rebellious teen daughter by herself.
Stamos is set to appear on the show, and be its executive producer. The Olsen twins, Lori Loughlin, Dave Coulier, and Bob Saget are still in talks to appear.
The show will have its original producers, including "Full House" creator Jeff Franklin.



My Two Cents:

I remember back in the 1990s, watching "Full House" every Friday night. Even though the show started in 1987, I didn't start watching the show until 1990. From 1990-1995, I didn't miss an episode.
As someone who was a fan of the show 20-25 years ago, I'm not sure how I feel about this reboot.

Sure, I been wondering what happened to the Tanner family, but, isn't that what fan fiction is for? When it comes to fan fiction, you can make anything happen. I know, for me, I had DJ end up with Steve. Stephanie Tanner met and married a guy while in college, and Michelle Tanner joined the army. Jesse and Becky divorced. Joey Gladstone got a job at Comedy Central, and Danny Tanner got a producer job at a major network (and tragically died). Now THAT's a spinoff, ladies and gentleman.

Having DJ Tanner-Fuller in the same unfortunate spot as her dad (a widow), is just a little played out. How about having her be a woman who left her cheating, abusive husband? She moves back into the famed San Francisco house after Danny Tanner suddenly dies.
I know, I shouldn't judge the reboot by the synopsis, but, I just don't buy the widow part. Also, why not have DJ end up with Steve? I am hoping to see Steve back on the show (perhaps him surprising her at a 20 year high school reunion?).
<Yes, I know Steve was older than DJ, but Kimmy could play her magic, just like she did at the senior prom, remember?>

Anyways, my inner 90s kid is looking forward to this. However, my 30-something self is skeptical. Sure, the original producers and show creator will be helming the reboot, but Hollywood is as infectious as Ebola. It can get its grip on anyone, and spread death and disease.

I will be keeping an eye on this reboot, as more information becomes available.

Readers: How do you feel about the "Full House" reboot? What would YOU like to see happen?

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?