"Game of Thrones" star Maisie Williams to grownups: "You don't know sh*t about being 17."

photo credit: Zimbio

Oy. Here we go with another teenager saying that we don't know what it's like to be 17 years old.

Williams sat down with Dazed magazine and said the following:

"People think we’re f*cking stupid and we don’t know anything about anything. It’s really degrading. I get a lot of adults who are like, ‘You don’t know sh*t,’ and it’s like, ‘You don’t know sh*t. You have no idea what it’s like to be 17 years old.’”

Huh?!.

My Two Cents:
Oh young Arya Stark, I thought you were smarter than this. I've watched you kick serious a$$ on Game of Thrones, and now you are spouting ignorance. I'm deeply disappointed in you.

Honey, I was 17 once. My 17th year was one of the hardest years of my life. I was bullied relentlessly. My grades were poor. I was gothic as f*ck. I was getting high, and I hated a world that didn't want me as a member. I'm pretty sure I said the same thing you said. That's what teenagers do: They scream at adults, telling them that they don't know what it is like to be young, or they had forgotten what it was like to be young. Adults raising teenagers (or having anything to do with teenagers) don't have it easy. They have pipsqueaks like you spewing forth ageist remarks.

I'm 32 years old. Not a day goes by where I forget about what I went through as a teenager. Believe you me, I went through hell and back. Ask my dad. He went through so much hell raising me.
Us "elderly" folk may not know what it's like to be 17 and a TV star (I'm sure it's a total b*tch), but we do remember what it is like being 17 and in the real world.

Perhaps you should give us "grandmas" and "grandpas" a chance. We may surprise you.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?