Florida man pretending to be cop pulls over real cops, gets arrested.


photo credit: Gawker

Sixty-nine year old John Arthur Benedict was driving his white Crown Victoria car, when he started to tail an SUV that happened to be an unmarked police car. Benedict tried to pull over the car for speeding.

Detective Lusk, who was driving the unmarked police SUV pulled into the right hand lane to stop for Benedict. As he was pulling over, he noticed that Benedict was not a police officer and continued to drive past Lusk. Detective Lusk followed Benedict into a supermarket parking lot. Lusk confronted Benedict and Benedict was arrested.

"Officer" Bendict now faces 2 charges: impersonating a police officer and unlawful use of police insignia.
Only in Florida....

My Two Cents:

I gotta hand it to Benedict, he nearly succeeded in pulling a fast one on the detectives. Well played, sir.

On the flipside, Benedict is still an a**hole for driving a car that looked like a cop car. I don't know about you, but I feel that those Crown Victoria cars are trouble. Every time I see one, I panic that it is a cop car (I panic because I can usually be seen in the left lane doing 80mph). When I see that it's a citizen driving, I end up thinking, "f*ck you for making me think that you're a cop car."

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?