Miley Cyrus helped 'Voice' contestant Janice Freeman by covering six months rent.


In a world of 'gloom and doom,' we sometimes catch blinks of sunlight, when feel-good stories, such as this one, come out.
Miley Cyrus, a judge on this past season of 'The Voice,' did something so beautiful that it deserves to be shared. Janice Freeman, one of Miley Cyrus' singers that she coached, had fallen upon hard times. If you watched the last season of 'The Voice,' you know a little about Freeman's story: she is a young woman who has been through a lot in life. She battled and survived cancer, she takes care of her family, and her dream is to share her God-given voice with the world.

Miley became so close to Freeman, that she helped Freeman with a security deposit and 6 months rent for a 2 bedroom apartment.


Freeman took to Instagram, in a video format, to express her gratitude to Ms. Cyrus:
"Miley, you are my dawg, like, my best friend, and I will defend you to the bitter end. This woman blessed me to be able to move in. Do you understand? What she don't know is, I've been praying for her. I'm so overwhelmed. I need y'all to understand that it is time to go into 2018 believing God for real ... Y'all don’t understand that you see these people on TV. You see things happening and all of that. But you don't understand that these people are real. And her heart is so huge. And she allows God to use her to bless my life.
@MileyCyrus you are one of my closest friends. What you did for me and my family I'm praying GOD gives you the desire of your heart!"
The emotional video Freeman shared went viral.

My Two Cents

I have to admit, 'The Voice' is a guilty pleasure show of mine. Janice Freeman was one of my favorite contestants over the last season. I loved her passion for her craft, for God, and for life in general. I know things may be tough for her now, but I know this woman's future is bright. My prayers are with Freeman and with her family, along with Miley herself. Miley Cyrus, you just gained another fan in me. God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?