Will Donald Trump overturn Roe VS Wade?

trump
Photo Credit: opposingviews
Donald Trump's election win has many people in this country scared. Women especially are feeling  nervous. It's no secret that Trump is an adamant pro-lifer, and this is what makes him a very dangerous man to women everywhere.
During his campaign, President-elect Donald Trump made a vow to overturn Roe VS Wade. On Sunday, Trump disclosed during an interview on '60 Minutes' that he intends on keeping his word, much to the delight of conservatives everywhere. He also intends on filling Antonin Scalia's empty seat with someone who is also pro-life.

"I’m pro-life. The judges will be pro-life... They’ll be pro-life, they’ll be - in terms of the whole gun situation, we know the Second Amendment, and everybody’s talking about the Second Amendment, and they’re trying to dice it up and change it, they’re going to be very pro-Second Amendment. But having to do with abortion if it ever were overturned, it would go back to the states."

Trump once stated that he wanted to go so far as to punish women for seeking out an abortion. He has since softened his stance on punishment.
Nevertheless, he still intends to overturn Roe VS Wade, and severely limit access to birth control.
Because his threats to women's rights are close to becoming a reality, women throughout the country are getting IUD's before it becomes too late.

My Two Cents

Donald Trump winning the election is the worst thing to happen to women's rights in decades. Those that know me know that I am very pro-choice. I believe women should have the right to choose what happens to their own bodies. Am I advocating multiple abortions just to have them? No. I just think that it is traumatizing to tell a pregnant woman, who was the victim of a violent rape, to carry her fetus to term. What about pregnant victims of incest? Are you going to make them carry to term, despite the medical complications of such pregnancies?
Also, asking women to go to a different state for abortions is just cruel. It's a no-brainer that women in the south will be unable to get access to care, unless they go 100+ miles north. What kind of horrible BS is that!?

One thing that really gets under my skin is a conservative's hatred of birth control. I started on birth control when I was 14/15, not because I was having sex. I went on birth control because of heavy, painful, and debilitating menstrual cycles. I have been hospitalized because of my cycles. I have vomited due to my cycles. I have even passed out because of them. Going on birth control stabilized my cycles. Also, I stopped being severely anemic.
So, as you can see, birth control isn't just for people who are sexually active. It's also to help those of us who suffer from debilitating cycles. I guess conservatives (men anyway), like seeing us rushed to the hospital every month.
Sorry we can't be as perfect as you (sarcasm).

Ladies, if you are dreading Trump's inauguration in January because of his stance on women's rights, I reiterate what many women are saying: Get your IUD's now.
After January, the hate on women will start, and it will be back to back alley abortions, wire hangers, women dying from botched over-the-border abortions, and an increase in suicides. Trump Nation, what a great place to raise your daughters in (*eye roll*).

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?