#DWTS Why I'm team Laurie and Val

lauriehvallc
Photo Credit: ibtimes
Tonight is the season 23 finale of 'Dancing With The Stars.' Three couples will be competing for the mirrorball trophy: Laurie and Val, James and Sharna, and Lindsay and Calvin will dance one more time before one of them is crowned the winner.

I have been a diehard fan of DWTS for a few years now. This season, I didn't have just one favorite couple..I had about 5 favorite couples. The one pairing that stood out from all the rest, though, was Laurie and Val.
Laurie Hernandez is an Olympian who has been wanting to be on DWTS since she was little. The 16-year-old danced her way into our hearts and is now the favorite to win the trophy. She is so positive, silly, and her personality is positively infectious. Her dancing is joyful, and you can tell how badly she wants to win.

From the get-go, Laurie and Val have had this big brother/little sister bond, and it has grown with each dance.
Last week, Laurie's grandmother passed away. Val was there for Laurie, and they delivered the most heartfelt and moving dance that I've ever seen. Watching Laurie deal with her grandmother's death reminded me of when my grandmother died. I was close with my grandmother, and when she died 9 years ago, I was crushed. The dance that Laurie did last week was honorable, and I know her grandmother is watching down from Heaven, cheering her on.

Yesterday's performances were simply breathtaking. Her freestyle seriously brought me back to childhood. I wanted to play in those leaves LOL!
Laurie is positive, hardworking, and an amazing dancer. She needs to win!

Below is her freestyle performance:

Don't forget, the season finale is TONIGHT! Set your DVRs NOW! (Incentive: Vanilla Ice is performing! "Ice Ice Baby" for the win!)

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?