Donald J. Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States.

election
Photo Credit: chronicle
In the wee hours of Wednesday morning, the orange businessman received a phone call that changed everything. Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump and conceded the race to him. With Trump very close to receiving the electoral votes needed to clinch the presidency, Trump declared victory. As he spoke to the crowd, he received the electoral votes that were needed.

Trump winning the election was something that no one saw coming. In the days leading up to the election, Clinton was poised to become the president. However, as we watched the results come in state-by-state, the world saw a completely unexpected outcome. We watched the House and Senate being taken over by Republicans, and we saw unprecedented numbers in favor of Trump. Clinton's campaign manager dismissed the crowd at Clinton's campaign headquarters. The crowd looked completely somber and crushed.

A Trump win was felt economically across the world. Stock markets took a sharp nosedive overnight and this morning. The Dollar and the Mexican Peso also took a serious hit.

Donald Trump's victory speech in the early morning hours was also quite surprising. Not only did he play a Rolling Stones song without permission from the band, he also graciously sang Clinton's praises. He went into his diatribe about how he will make America "great" again. The crowd suckled the drivel from his teets, and became drunk with madness.

As you all can expect, I'm at a loss for words. I spent the wee hours of the morning horrified, shaking, and crying. I forced myself to sleep after 3am, and several hours later, I'm still in absolute shock. Many of my friends and family are equally as shocked. I was Facebooking with a few of my friends and at the exact second Trump was deemed the winner, we all felt sick to our stomachs. I nearly threw up from the news since I have a lot to lose from a Trump presidency. I went into this in an earlier post, but Trump has been vocal about overturning medicaid, medicare, and social security. Since I am considered low-income, I'm on medicaid. I have a lot of health issues and a worsening spinal condition. Without insurance, the many autoimmune diseases I am being treated for will go untreated, and will become life-threatening. As for my spinal condition, if I fall, I won't be able to get medical treatment. I am monitored by several doctors because of how bad my spine is. Without treatment, my condition worsens faster. A friend of mine has kids who have serious asthma issues. Without proper medical care, these kids are at risk for a life-threatening situation. My mother is completely reliant on state assistance since she is disabled. If Trump holds true to his promise to overturn these needed programs, she will become homeless and very sick. Similar stories are occurring throughout the country, and millions of people are scared. There are also millions of people who are terrified that they will be deported.

Women also have a lot to lose from a Trump presidency. It's no secret that Trump wants to overturn Roe VS Wade. Roe V Wade isn't just about abortion, it is also about low-income getting access to women's health care, which includes birth control to control heavy and painful periods, and cancer screenings. Trump supporters have also been vocal about wanting Trump to overturn Amendment 19, which is a woman's right to vote. A Trump presidency has just set women back about 100+ years and the suffragettes who fought tooth and nail for equality must be rolling in their graves.
I believe voters made the wrong choice this time. I'm not saying that Clinton should have been president, but ANYONE is a step up from Trump.

Folks, I am sending a hug to all of my fellow Americans hurt by a Trump election. For my friends across the pond, we all fought hard to keep him out of office. Unfortunately, hate and bigotry won this time.

Friends to the north, if any of you are male and single, I'm available to become wifey. I will cook for you, learn French, and keep you uplifted. All I ask is that you are over the age of 30, and under the age of 45.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?