Making sacrifices when you're pregnant

preg
Photo Credit: Momtastic
The last 3 months have been the most challenging of my life. I had to deal with the father of my unborn child bailing when I refused to have an abortion. I've had to deal with losing my job due to health issues that have arisen due to being pregnant. I've had to deal with preparing to move back to my hometown since I can't make rent. The most tragic of all of these: My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago. He passed away after a long battle with dementia. He was placed on hospice a month before he passed away. I got to see him a few weeks before he died, and I told him that I was pregnant. I even gave him my first sonogram picture and put it in a frame next to his bed. Even though the dementia had taken most of him, I know there was a part of him still in there, and I know he was happy that I am bringing a child into this world.

During the last 24 hours, I made a huge sacrifice for the health and safety of myself and my unborn child. The issues with my baby's father are pretty toxic, and we tried to reach civil ground a week ago. Unfortunately, that went out the window. I found out that he was very much in a relationship with a woman when we conceived this child (he told me at the time that they weren't together). Had I known this, I wouldn't have even given him the time of day. Sadly, I cannot go back in time and change things. I can only learn from my mistakes and not make those same mistakes again.
Anyways, I digress. The girlfriend knows (because I told her. She deserved to know. I told her that I didn't want anything to do with him-which is true.) that I'm pregnant with his child. She went ballistic and has started stalking and harassing me. The baby's father also won't be alone. I have blocked both of them on social media, yet they still find their way to harass me.

Today, I decided to delete my Facebook profile. I also blocked the baby's father from contacting me. I had told him earlier in the week that I didn't want to have any contact with him until he got help for his issues (he told me he was going crazy and was suicidal. He also wanted me to 'stir the pot' between he and the girlfriend. I refused. That's when I told him that I didn't want to hear from him.
Deleting my private profile sucked because I used it to keep in touch with friends and family near and far. I do have other ways of staying in touch with my loved ones, but Facebook was a little bit easier. Getting rid of Facebook also meant disabling my fan page that I use to share and promote my blogs. I have other means to promote my posts.

Making all of these sacrifices, for me, was important to maintaining my well-being and my baby's well-being. Thank God, my unborn child is perfectly healthy (me on the other hand, well, that's another story). I did something very wrong 3 months ago, and I am working on forgiving myself for what I did. But I refuse to take it out on the beautiful baby that is growing inside me. I am going to love it, and provide for it for the rest of its life. I don't want this baby making the same mistakes I did, and I am going to raise it right (I'm even thinking about going to Church. The entire pregnancy has been sort of a religious experience for me).

I'm blogging about all of this because I know I'm not the only woman going through this. When it comes to our kids, we have to do everything in our power to protect them, so they can have the best life possible. Sacrifices ARE worth it. If something is costing you your health and peace of mind, then it is too expensive to hold onto. Hold onto the people who raise you up, not push you down. Most of all, love that little one in your belly. You are all it has.

On a side note, within the next week, I will find out what I'm having. I'm super excited, and I will do a gender reveal in a blog post, along with the name I have picked out (Yes, I already have names picked out lol).

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?