Pregnancy: It's a...!


One thing that I've been learning about pregnancy is that I'm in the midst of the biggest event that will ever happen to me. I'm in this surreal experience that I didn't think could ever happen to me. Each moment, something happens that makes this whole thing more real for me.
Yesterday, something happened that made my pregnancy 100% real to me: I found out what I'm having.

Yesterday morning, I went for a drive to clear my head and sing to my favorite songs. I tend to do that when I'm looking for a release and some clarity. While I was out, I received a phone call from my genetics counselor about my Natera test results. As I mentioned in a previous post, Natera is a blood test that checks for chromosomal abnormalities. Along with all of that, it also tells you, with 99% accuracy, what you will be having. Not only is my unborn baby 100% healthy, I learned that I am carrying a boy. Throughout all of this, I was sure I was having a girl. When she told me that I will be having a boy in May 2018, I shocked myself with how excited I was. I was shaking and I screamed in excitement. I will have a son in May, OMG! That moment, the pregnancy became real to me, and I have been beaming with delight ever since.
**I'm actually trying not to cry right now, which is hard because that's all I ever do: cry tears of happiness**

My son is going to grow up knowing love and happiness. I want him to respect himself and other people. I want him to be someone who is going to change the world. I want him to treat women with respect and to take responsibilities for his actions (something his father could not do). I want him to have a happy upbringing. I don't want him to suffer like I did growing up. I will put my blood, sweat, and tears into making sure he doesn't grow up like I did. I know I can't protect him from all the monsters in this world, but I'm going to do what I can to keep him safe.
This kid is going to have the morals and values that I wish I had growing up. I will be a single mom, which means I have to work twice as hard to make sure my son has the best life possible, and I am more than up for the challenge.

Single moms-to-be: We have a tough road ahead of us, but our babies are worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?