Actor Wil Wheaton criticizes Paul Ryan's response to Texas Church shooting.

ww
Photo Credit: ravishly
Actor/Fellow Blogger/My First Crush, Wil Wheaton, went on the attack after Paul Ryan sent out his prayers and condolences to the victims of the Church shooting tragedy. Ryan tweeted for a "call to prayer." Wheaton subsequently posted the following in response:
"The murdered victims were in a church. If prayers did anything, they'd still be alive, you worthless sack of s**t."
After receiving a TON of backlash, Wheaton tried to explain his tweet in a series of later tweets:
"Hey, real and actual people of faith: I hear you. I apologise for insulting you, in my rage at Paul Ryan's refusal to address gun violence."
He also stated that Paul Ryan is someone who exploits his faith by hiding behind his words without conducting actual good deeds. Wheaton also expressed his upset that Ryan refused to address gun violence.

My Two Cents

The thing I love about Wil Wheaton is that he is not afraid of expressing his opinion. If you have followed his work through the years, like I have, you would know that he is passionate about the things he believes in.

He and I have a lot in common: our words tend to be intense and get us into trouble. I think he pushed the envelope just a smidge in his initial response. However, he is completely right about Paul Ryan. I think his initial tweet was out of anger after seeing Paul Ryan exploit his faith. Wheaton did apologize to true people of faith. He didn't mean that first tweet as an insult to all people of faith.
I believe in God and I didn't take offense to it. I knew what he meant.

I do think Paul Ryan needs to address the gun violence issue that is damaging this country. In my previous blog post, I discussed how there needs to be stricter policies against those who are mentally ill. If we had those policies in place, incidences like this would decrease exponentially.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?