"Fuller House:" Did it live up to its hype?

fh
*FYI, no direct spoilers in this post. I dance around a couple of things, but nothing direct.*

For some time now, we have all been counting down the weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the Tanners would be back in our lives. At 3am EST "Fuller House" went live on Netflix.
As I awoke from a deep slumber, I immediately turned on Netflix and started the show. I will tell you that I shouldn't have been drinking hot coffee while reliving all of the nostalgia. Almost burned myself a few times.
I digress. Fuller House did deliver on its nostalgia, but it also delivered a lot of originality. They imported a lot of modern technology into the mix, but also kept it down-to-earth.

The Tanner girls:
DJ Tanner is definitely what you would expect her to be as an adult. She is maternal, warm, loving, and her father's daughter. She did have her fair share of drama during the season, but she made decisions based on what would make her happy (and her sons happy).

Stephanie Tanner. What can I say about her (besides the fact that she grew up to be extremely hot)? Stephanie grew up to be an aspiring singer, and has pretty much jet-setted everywhere. She drops her life in order to help DJ raise the 3 boys. Stephanie Tanner's personality reminds me a lot of how Uncle Jesse was back in season one of Full House. Besides a somewhat wild streak, she is very family oriented. Things do get pretty real for Stephanie. I won't say what happens, but you will find out what I mean.

Kimmy Gibbler is still the out-of-this-world spunky Tanner-wannabe that we grew to love and adore on the original show. She is a single mom of one daughter. We see a lot happen to Ms. Gibbler during the season.

The other Full House cast members make guest appearances throughout the season, but one causes more trouble than the rest. In fact this specific member of the original series made me cringe badly due to their behavior. Again, you will see what I mean when you watch the show.

Michelle is mentioned throughout the season, but, as we all know, the Olsen twins could not reprise their role as the youngest Tanner girl. She does get drunk dialed though (it's in the trailer so this isn't a spoiler alert).

There a lot of surprise guest stars this season. You will see a lot of famous faces. That's all I will say about that. I won't name drop anyone.

All in all, I really liked the show. I was very nervous when I turned it on, due to the scathing reviews it got ahead of its release. However, I find myself wondering if they even watched the original series. They probably did not get the inside jokes while watching the reboot. For all we know, they were probably on their cell phones sending d*ck pics to their OkCupid matches while the show played onscreen. Ignore everything negative that the critics said. It's a good show. Is it great? Meh. I think it's good enough for Fuller House to get a second season. The show really needs more time.

There were some parts of the season that sort of flat-lined, but then it jolted back into entertainment-land. I will tell you that there are TWO extremely surprising moments during the season that will make you scream "HOLY COW" at the TV. Trust me, you will not be prepared for these moments, but they are extremely hilarious once the shock wears off.
Catchphrases. We all know that the original show was full of them. Catchphrases do come back, and the use does become a tad heavy, even for a seasoned Full House watcher like myself. I hope that if there is a second season, there is less catchphrase use.

There was one breakout star of the show: Max, the middle child of DJ Tanner-Fuller. The actor who played him, Elias Harger, was adorable. He was in a class of his own. For his first TV acting gig, he did famously. I won't say anything more.

Fuller House deserves a second season (and third season). Is it as good as the original? Nothing can ever hold a candle to original shows, but Fuller House has something special about it.
I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?