My take on "The Unauthorized Full House Story."

Everywhere you look, I'm sure you have seen the multitude of articles about this train wreck of a movie. Well, I have seen it, and I have some opinions about it.

Before I begin my review about this Lifetime movie, I just want to say that I'm a fan of the show. I spent the early to mid-90s glued to the TV every Friday night watching this show. I really identified with DJ Tanner, especially in the early days of the show. When I was a wee lass, I too was self-conscious. The episode where DJ went on a crash diet really hit home to me because I spent my childhood and teen years as an overweight girl. Another episode that hit home to me was when DJ was dumped by a boy (played by the late Jonathan Brandis). I was always overlooked for the more attractive girls. To be honest, guys never became interested in me until I hit college.

Anyways, I digress. Onto my review of this movie.
So, when I heard that Lifetime was making this movie, I was actually a little annoyed. When they put up photos of the cast, I thought they looked like the inbred version of the Tanner family. The girl who played the younger DJ definitely had the right hair, but I didn't find her to be a convincing DJ Tanner.
The movie was embarrassing to watch, and they got so much wrong about the show (the house being a big fail). When they tried to redo the very last episode, they got all the lines wrong. The hair and clothes were all wrong as well.
Another thing I found a little ridiculous was in the beginning of the movie, when "Bob Saget" was in the comedy club. The audience in the club was not dressed in mid-80s attire. Now, I'm not sure who produced this movie, but if they wanted to be a tad more legitimate, they should have gotten 80s clothing for the extras to wear, but hey, that's just me.

After realizing that I spent two hours of my life watching this movie, I decided to throw back some wine and go online to see if the original cast of the show said anything about the movie. Sure enough, a few members shared their thoughts. My favorite comment was from Candace Cameron Bure when she said that it was "Bad. So very bad." I was actually surprised to hear that she commented on the movie, let alone had something negative to say. Still, I couldn't hold myself back from laughing at her tweet. Andrea Barber and other cast members also tweeted their disappointment in the movie.

Folks, I'm pretty sure that this movie will be in syndication on Lifetime for the next several days. If you feel compelled to watch this movie, I cannot stop you. I must warn you though, you may want to remove sharp objects from your reach. Also, have your windows closed because you will probably be shouting obscenities at your TV.

Lifetime is continuing their "Unauthorized" movies. Coming soon, they will be airing " The Unauthorized Beverly Hills 90210 Story, and Melrose Place Story." It's bad enough that they rebooted these shows for this current generation. Making a Lifetime movie about these shows is just going overboard.

Lifetime, please stop with these movies. I beg you!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?