Monster James Holmes receives 12 life sentences and 3,000+ years in prison

Yesterday, Judge Carlos A. Samor Jr. sentenced James Holmes to 12 life sentences, and was given another sentence of 3,318 years in prison.

The 12 life sentences represent each victim that was killed in the Colorado movie theater shooting in 2012. The added 3,318 years to his sentence represent the attempted murders of the injured theater patrons, and for having explosives in his apartment in an attempt to hurt first responders. The judge ordered that the sentences be served consecutively.

After giving Holmes his sentence, Judge Carlos A. Samor Jr said this to the courtroom:
"If there was ever a case that warranted a maximum sentence, this is the case."
The reason behind Holmes escaping the death penalty is because one juror cited Holmes' mental illness as a reason to spare his life.

My Two Cents:

I will never forget the day when the news broke about this tragedy. I was sickened to my stomach. It made me scared to go to the movies (I still am afraid to go to the movies out of fear something like this could happen).

I am a tad disappointed that he wasn't given the death penalty. In the olden days, dudes like Holmes would be strapped to the guillotine, and villagers would gather around to watch the evil one's head be chopped off. I miss those days.
Instead, this dude is going to rot in jail for the next 3,500 years, on the taxpayers' penny.

Can someone explain to me how this huge prison sentence works? After he dies, do they just keep the body on prison ground and then dig it up once the sentence is over with? How does it work?
If anyone can provide me with answers, I will provide you a selfie duckface!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?