Woman who was hospitalized after eating at Chipotle sues restaurant for free burritos.

chipotle
Photo Credit: thrillist
If you contracted an illness from a restaurant, how likely are you to frequent it in the near or distant future? Not very likely, am I right?
Well, a 19-year-old woman decided that being hospitalized for food contamination wasn't enough to keep her from restaurant chain Chipotle. She contacted a lawyer named Bill Marler, who was subsequently shocked by her terms in her lawsuit against the chain restaurant. The woman told Marler that she wants free food coupons from Chipotle.
Marler said this about the shocking request:
"I have being doing these kinds of cases for 20 years and sued every restaurant chain you can imagine and I have never seen people willing to go back to a restaurant under those circumstances."
Even more surprising, Chipotle was accommodating to the unidentified woman's request.
The case recently settled and the woman walked away with an unknown amount of money, and 3 dozen free burrito coupons.

My Two Cents

If I contracted e-coli from a restaurant, I wouldn't even think about going back. No amount of free burritos would bring me back into that restaurant (and I love burritos).
I guess the woman likes her Chipotle burritos. Good luck honey!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?