News anchor slammed for wearing skinny jeans while covering Jacob Wetterling tragedy.

image
Photo Credit: Jezebel via KARE-11
Before I start today's story, I want to discuss Jacob Wetterling. He was an 11-year-old boy who went missing nearly 30 years ago.
In October of 1989, the 11-year-old boy was riding home from the store with his younger brother and a friend. A masked gunman approached them and demanded them to lie face down on the ground. The younger brother and friend ran into the woods. Jacob Wetterling was never seen again.
Recently, authorities found the remains of the young boy, bringing a heartbreaking end to this tragedy.

Bringing it back to the present, a news anchor brought viewers up-to-speed on the latest from authorities. In stories like this, the actual story would be the centerpiece. Unfortunately, a columnist named CJ for the Star Tribune had nothing better to do than to comment on news anchor Jana Shortal's skinny jeans:
"She looked great from the waist up in a polka-dot shirt and cool blazer, but the skinny jeans did not work. I was among a number of media types who found them inappropriate and, given the gravity of the day’s subject matter, downright jarring. My thoughts are also with the Wetterling family. While I cannot imagine they’ll want to read or watch every media take about the horror they have been living, I would think that hipness wouldn’t be a priority while covering one of the biggest, saddest stories in Minnesota history. Being hip in skintight pants while discussing this story was unseemly, perhaps disrespectful. Many TV types keep a spare set of clothes around the station just in case what they are wearing isn’t appropriate for what they end up covering. Maybe Shortal doesn’t."
The anchorwoman clapped back at CJ in an emotional Facebook post:
"You made it about my pants.
You. You, whose name I will never write again.
You. You with the column I will not link to.
You. The bully with the keyboard who took this night, this story, and made into gossip about my pants.
Shame on you.
You suggest this: 'I would think that hipness wouldn’t be a priority while covering one of the biggest, saddest stories in Minnesota history.'
You are at least correct on that.
It wasn’t.
I wore my clothes. The clothes it took me a very long time to feel comfortable in no thanks to the bullies like you who tried to shame me out of them."
Jana Shortal: 1.
CJ: 0!

Hey CJ, #DELETEYOURACCOUNT

There is nothing wrong with wearing skinny jeans. I've seen many anchor men and women rocking the style. Jana Shortal looked professional, and she did her job. I think CJ is bored with life and looking to stir up drama. The sick part about it is, CJ is taking advantage of the Jacob Wetterling tragedy in order to gain popularity and cause drama. Shame on you, CJ!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?