Bernie Sanders calls for DNC chairwoman to resign.

sanders
Photo Credit: therightscoop
On Sunday, Senator Bernie Sanders asked for Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation. The request comes after emails questioning Sanders' campaign and religion were leaked to the public.

On Sunday's installment of "This Week," Sanders made his feelings clear about the emails, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz"
"She should not be chair of the DNC, and I think these emails reiterate that reason why she should not be chair. I think she should resign, period, and I think we need a new chair that's going to lead us in a new direction."
For some time, Sanders had questioned the DNC's motives, and his theories about the DNC became clear when he saw the emails.
"Well, I think I told you a long time ago that the DNC was not running a fair operation — that they were supporting Secretary Clinton. So what I suggested to be true six months ago turns out, in fact, to be true. I'm not shocked by it, but I'm disappointed." 
Later on Sunday, Debbie Wasserman Schultz was relieved of her chairwoman duties, and all of her appearances were ultimately "scrapped."

Bernie Sanders is expected to speak at the Democratic National Convention on Monday.

My Two Cents

It's no secret that the Democratic party treated Bernie Sanders unfairly. In fact, he got more grief from the Democratic party than from cheeto man Donald Trump (and that's saying a lot). Obviously, Sanders was put between a rock and a hard place when it came to endorsing Hillary Clinton. I've heard all of the rumors about why Sanders endorsed Clinton. Some think Hillary Clinton threatened him. Others feel he endorsed Clinton in order to pull an FDR (endorse someone in order to make it to the convention, then clinch the nomination out from under the party's favorite).

Back to the story. I skimmed some of the content that has been released and it is extremely unfair, and borderline criminal, what the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz said about Bernie Sanders.

Excuse me while I go and change BACK to Independent!

sanders

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?