Remembering Linkin Park's Chester Bennington.

cbennington
Today, the rock world was stunned when it was announced that LP frontman Chester Bennington had died from an apparent suicide by hanging. His body was found Thursday morning, and his death was announced in the afternoon hours. He was 41. He leaves behind 6 children, and a rock legacy.

Losing Chester Bennington hit me hard. When I checked my Facebook feed after not being on for a few hours, I saw the news and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I tried to hold back tears as I texted fellow Linkin Park fans to alert them of the news. Shortly after, every single media outlet started reporting on Bennington's death.
The reason why Chester's death hit me hard is because I listened to a lot of Linkin Park in the 2000s. When I was in college, and even after college, I was an emotional mess. I was depressed, and I found solace in the lyrics of Linkin Park songs. In fact, I used to think that if my heart could sing, it would sound like Chester's voice.
There are very few bands that can reach the very depths of my soul. Linkin Park is the only band that can reach that place, no matter how old I get, and where I'm at in life. I still feel a comfort in Chester's voice.

Chester's intensity when he sings was my way of venting, when I had no one to talk to.
Chester Bennington was the voice for those who had no voice. His voice and song lyrics touched millions around the world. Bennington's death is a surefire tragedy.

What makes this even more tragic is that today is what would have been his best friend, Chris Cornell's 52nd birthday. Cornell, of Soundgarden, committed suicide a few months back.

For the past few hours, I been playing all of Linkin Park's songs. I almost lost it when "Leave Out All The Rest" played on my Amazon music playlist. I lost it in a different way when "One Step Closer" played (I hardcore moshed to that song).

Chester Bennington, we miss you on this plane. Thank you for making amazing music. You will live on in your music. RIP Chester!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and bandmates.

Here are some of LP's biggest hits (I tried to find the official video for "One Step Closer," and I couldn't find it):



If you, or someone you know, is feeling hopeless and is considering suicide, there is help. Call 1-800-273-8255. The staff is there for you 24/7/365, and they are trained to help you. I personally have used them to make a call on behalf of a family member. My family member was immediately tended to. Please don't hurt yourself. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?