Toni Braxton: "God gave my son Autism because I had an abortion."

This is perhaps one of the dumbest and most offensive things I've ever heard:
Ms. Toni Braxton shared with the world that God gave her son Autism because she once had an abortion. 

 

She made the revelation in her new book, "Unbreak My Heart," which discusses the procedure that took place in 2001. Due to her deep religious roots, she suffers tremendous guilt over having the procedure. She stated that she realized that she had taken a life. She knew one day that God would punish her for it. 

She has also decided to jump on the celebrity bandwagon of being anti-vaccination. She stated that vaccinating her son also triggered the autistic symptoms in her now 11 year old son. 

Hmm...

Folks, I was born and raised in a Protestant family. I've read the Bible, I've mingled with God's people (and I don't necessarily like them very much). I do think God is kinda cool though. I'm not a huge fan of the Bible. There are passages that I like, and passages that make me want to burn the fucking book. But, for Ms. Braxton to make a statement that God gave her son Autism because she had an abortion is just plain appalling. Autism has nothing to do with abortions. Autism is a neuro-development disorder.

As for her abortion, that is between Braxton and God. The God I believe in wouldn't punish an innocent child for what another person did. The God I believe in isn't a judgmental prick. If she believes in God, she should have repented and asked for her God's forgiveness. Then the slate would be wiped clean. All would be well in the world. 

Unfortunately, Ms. Braxton, you've lost all my respect for your comment. You were one of my favorite singers of the 1990s, and it sickens me that you would say something so disgusting and hurtful. You know that, years from now, your son will read your book and see what you wrote. He will be very upset by what you wrote and never forgive you. Trust me when I say that day will come. 

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?