"Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson officially sacked by the BBC.

photo credit: hypable

It has been quite a week for Jeremy Clarkson and the BBC. After the many attempts that the masses have undertaken to have Jeremy Clarkson reinstated, the efforts have apparently failed.
Jeremy Clarkson was suspended when he had gotten into an altercation with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon. Airings of the show were also suspended pending an investigation.
Clarkson is no stranger to controversy. Over the past several years, he has racked up quite a resume of pissing people off. Between homophobic, sexist, anti-environmental, and racist remarks, he has pretty much offended people from all over the world.
(you can read about his crimes against humanity here)
News of his suspension, and subsequent firing, has sparked enormous outrage. After Clarkson was suspended, a petition to have him reinstated went viral. Millions of people signed the petition. Even The Stig drove a bad ass tank to the BBC headquarters in protest of the suspension. Piers Morgan, a once mortal enemy of the Top Gear brood, voiced his support for the infamous Top Gear host.
Fellow co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond have stated that they will not continue on Top Gear without their fearless co-host.

My Two Cents:

I happen to be dating a man who is a huge fan of this show. He gets a sparkle in his eyes when he watches these men drive cars he can only dream of driving. He has been annoyed by the BBC suspending Jeremy Clarkson (and Top Gear). He signed the petition and was not pleased when Clarkson was officially sh*t-canned.

It is hard for me to feel bad about this firing, since Clarkson is pretty much a racist, homophobic, and anti-environmental misogynist. I'm pretty sure that he races these hundred thousand dollar cars to compensate for his mini-Clarkson (heavy emphasis on 'mini').

While I feel bad that my partner's favorite show is pretty much in the sh*tter, I'm glad that someone has put a stop to endorsing this sh*tstain.
To my partner, while I love you with all my heart and soul, we stand on different sides when it comes to this issue. I gotta stand by my principles.

Sorry guys, Jeremy Clarkson makes Britain look bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?