Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar teach Jessa how to kiss; makes internet projectile vomit

photo credit: The Raw Story via TLC

Just when you thought that the Duggars could not get any weirder, here comes the kissing lesson.
On a recent episode of "19 Kids and Counting," Jim Bob and Michelle counsel Jessa and Ben on communication in a marriage.
Jim Bob:"Both of you'll like the physical relationship, but the guy, that'll be kinda the main focus. But, for a woman, communicating is the most important thing."

Then, the counseling session segwayed into a kissing lesson.
Jim Bob: "Let me show y'all the best way to kiss, here. If you kiss straight on, your noses hit together.So you have to turn, she turns one way and I turn the other."

Jessa coos at her parents kissing one another, saying:
"You guys are so cute."

Excuse me for a moment....
 

My Two Cents:

I had my first real kiss when I was 15. It was with a guy I really liked, who liked me back (which was unheard of in my frizzy hair, morbidly obese days). Sure, it was awkward, but myself and my kissing partner were able to figure it out. We knew enough from TV and movie kisses to be able to wing it.
I understand that the Duggars do things differently (saving kisses and anything physical until marriage), and that's all good. However, kissing does not have to lead into anything sexual. It is a natural way for two people to express how they feel toward one another.

Learning how to kiss from your parents is pushing the boundaries between parents and kiddos. I didn't talk to my parents about that kind of stuff because it wasn't their business.
This clip did send people into a tizzy, stating that it was way inappropriate and out of line. I happen to agree. In fact, while researching this story, I had the impulse to grab a rock from outside and beat the sh*t out of my computer. Why would parents teach something like this to their children? Kissing is not that difficult. Jessa and Ben seem like smart kids. They will figure it out.

By the way, I don't agree with the whole waiting til marriage to have your first kiss and sexual experience. While I respect those who do wait, I just can't wait. I want to be sure that myself and whomever I marry are compatible in every way. You wouldn't want to marry someone who was a bad kisser or bad lay, am I right? I'm not saying that the physical relationship is the most important, but you're going to have sex with whomever you marry. The physical relationship is a key aspect in any relationship. The most important aspect of a relationship is communication.
While I get that the Duggar counseling sessions are supposed to instill good communication skills, they should leave the kissing part out of it. That sh*t is too f*cking weird.

If you are curious, and have a strong stomach, here is the clip:

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?