Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber call it quits (AGAIN).

photo credit: seriesandmovies

Sad news for Jelena fans: Justin and Selena are no longer together, according to many sources.

The longtime on-again/off-again couple had gotten back together during the summer and went on a romantic getaway to St. Maarten. Bieber, 20 had promised Gomez, 22 that he would propose to her, but when the ring didn't come, Gomez decided to split.
From what news sources are saying, Bieber had told Gomez that he was ring shopping. Gomez was so excited about the possibility of becoming Mrs. Bieber, that she was incredibly let down when he didn't pop the question.
Another fuel to the fire was the fact that Bieber took Kendall Jenner out on a romantic dinner date, and had been seen schmoozing several women while sipping champagne.

Ah, young love!

Despite the fact that I'm much older than these two, it's been rather interesting to see this couple go back and forth in their relationship. I'm sure that being in the public eye makes things exponentially difficult to have a "normal" relationship.

Guys, promising a ring to your girl and not delivering is a rather bitch move. I can understand why Selena Gomez would get upset about that. However, she should understand that Bieber is very young and is still in the "Party and fuck shit up" stage of life. She shouldn't feel as if it's her responsibility to change him. He needs to change for himself, by himself. It's obvious that she is at a different stage in her life, and I would recommend that she waits a few years to get serious with someone. She, too, is very young. The only way to get to that point, where marriage is a possibility, is to be okay with who YOU are. You need to be comfortable in your own skin in order for people to be comfortable around you.

I speak from experience. When I was in college, I was into this one guy. I thought I could change him. He was the first guy to show interest in me, and with me being a late bloomer in the dating world, I wasn't sure how this new world worked. I romanticized my situation with him and made the situation into something that it wasn't. This went on and off for many years. It was a very toxic time for me, one that kept me from many opportunities. I was able to get myself out of the situation, spend time on me, and when I was able to develop respect for myself, I was blessed with the man that I'm currently with.

Sometimes the only way to get ourselves out of a situation is to remove ourselves ASAP. Rip the bandaid off. Don't go back. Take a year and don't date. Focus on you, your friends, your family, and your career. Become spiritual! Become a complete person first.

A word of warning: if a dude is breaking those kinds of promises to you, he isn't worth your time. He's a bitch. If he is romancing other women, he isn't worth your time. He's a man-whore. Find someone who respects you.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?