Pregnancy: How I found out I was pregnant.

preg
Photo Credit: momitforward
If you had told me months ago that I would be ending the year pregnant, I would have laughed in your face. (and probably smacked you).
After I had gotten together with the baby's father, a guy I have known for 12 years, the consequences were the furthest thing from my mind...that is, until I got home from spending time with him. When I logged the event into my period app, I noticed that I was ovulating that day. I worried that there was a possibility that I could be pregnant, but I still had the belief that I couldn't have kids. A week later, I took a very early pregnancy test that my best friend bought me and it came out "inconclusive." I decided that I wasn't going to worry about it until the week I was supposed to get my period. A week or so later, my period didn't come. I bought 4 pregnancy tests from two different brands. All four tests were positive. I had a massive meltdown.
I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I only told a few close friends, who have kept me relatively sane in the weeks leading up to my first prenatal appointment.

Yesterday, I had my first prenatal appointment, and the pregnancy was confirmed. I felt like I was having an out-of-body experience. The doctor went through his schpeel about pregnancy and childbirth, and my mind was mush.
When it came time to do the ultrasound, I felt myself getting excited to see this life that was inside me. On the screen, I saw my baby. It was confirmed that I was 8 weeks pregnant. Then, the doctor had me listen to the heartbeat. At that moment, I felt my life change forever. The heartbeat was strong and healthy (according to the doctor, this lowers my risk of miscarriage down to only 5%). Hearing that heartbeat was the most magical thing that I have ever experienced. My life isn't just about me anymore, it's about this beautiful life inside me.


Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?