Major updates!

Photo Credit: Shauna Silva (Me)
Hello everyone! I know it's been a few months since I contributed to this blog. Well, I started working a full-time job! I also moved out of my parent's house into my own place. My cat Patches had cancer in her left hind leg and had to get it removed. (she has recovered nicely and is cancer-free).
The biggest thing to come out of the last few months is that I am pregnant with my first child. This pregnancy was not planned and it wasn't something that I expected to have happen in my life. To be honest with you, I didn't think I could even get pregnant. I am due on May 18th, 2018, and I have an incredible support system in my family and friends. Unfortunately, the father of the baby has bolted. He wanted me to have an abortion and I was firmly against it. When I told him that I was keeping the baby, he disappeared. I'm disappointed, upset, and angry, but I am learning to just focus on myself and my baby.

I did some thinking and I've decided that I want to chronicle my pregnancy in this blog. I will be posting regularly about my symptoms, ideas I have for the baby, my check-ups, and the emotional journey of becoming a single parent. I feel that my blog could help other women realize that they are not alone in this. Ladies, we need to step up and battle through these emotions. We need to be in tip-top shape emotionally for the baby. The baby is an innocent in this, and they should remain innocent.

This is the biggest journey I've ever been on, and those of you who have followed my blog over the past few years know I've been through some doozies. I'm excited to be bringing a beautiful new life into this world, and it's an incredible blessing that I have so much love and support around me.

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?