Why I've been MIA


Long time, no see readers!
I know it's been quite a long time since I've blogged. I hope I haven't lost you guys completely. The reason why I have been missing in action is because I had a major surgery.

As most of you know, I been suffering from spinal issues for over 4 years. It's been moderate to severe pain everyday. I had my first fusion in 2014 and I failed to fuse. It's a condition called Pseudarthrosis (failure to fuse). It's very rare for someone my age. I tried to live with it, tried to work, changed careers many times, but the pain was too much and my issues with walking worsened.

Last month, I had a revision spinal fusion. My neurosurgeon went in and replaced my hardware with
larger rods and screws.
He also put in a putty graft to help encourage bone growth. My surgery actually occurred on the day of a blizzard and I had no family or friends to greet me once I got out of surgery. It sucked, but I understood. The governor had issued a travel ban that day (I arrived the night before). The surgery went well and I had no complications whatsoever. I was monitored as usual and given pain meds.

The day after surgery, I had a surprise visitor: my (now) boyfriend, Jon. I had met Jon before my surgery (we were brought together by my best friend). I was incredibly touched that he visited me, brought me flowers, and sat with me, holding my hand. It meant everything to me.

Anyways, I digress. Overnight, I had an incident where I lost all of my color and I felt like I was going to collapse (I was in the bathroom at the time). The nurses helped me to my bed and, not only was my blood pressure very low, I had developed a temperature of over 100. Folks, this chick NEVER gets fevers, so I was nearly in a panic. I was CLOSELY monitored and given more IV bags. The morning I was to be discharged, my blood pressure was still low. They hooked me up to this IV bag that flushes liquid into your system. An hour later, my numbers stabilized and I was released home.

On the 14th, it will be a month since surgery, and I'm doing well! I've completed most of my home care, and I've had only one horrible day since coming home. I was hooked up with a bone growth stimulator to help with bone growth in my spine (for some reason, my body can't generate new bone so I need all of this extra help).

My pain has gradually decreased over the last week or two, which is great because I want to be away from the narcotics. The narcotics give me serious brain fog. I been taking Tylenol on a regular basis for two days, but I did need one Oxy yesterday when I had a pain spike.

I am so optimistic about this surgery that I could scream it from the rooftops, LOL! I know that in 3 to 6 months time, I will be back to my life and I will be better than ever. Hell, it would be great if I can be fully fused and nearly pain free within 3 months. That's my mental goal that I don't share with the medical people.

So what does all of this mean for Blurbal Exchange?
Well, it means that I will be revamping it and making it better than ever! I want to be blogging hardcore during my physical therapy time period. Once I am cleared to work, I will be looking for something part-time, so I can gradually get back into a full-time gig. I will still be blogging, but it will go from full-time to part-time.

For the time being, look for site changes, and look for more content.
#I'mBAAACCKKKK! LOL! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?