Rejoice #Nashies! 'Nashville' has been renewed for a sixth season!

nashville
Photo Credit: spoilersguide
After an extremely heartbreaking first half of season 5, the good people over at CMT have decided to bring back the popular show for a 6th season. However, there is a catch.
While most of Nashville's run on ABC and CMT have lasted 20-22 episodes a season, season 6 of 'Nashville' will be cut down to 16 episodes.
The reduction of episodes are not exactly a negative thing, as most dramas on cable TV range from 10 to 18 episodes.

CMT's President Brian Philips had this to say about 'Nashville:'
"The devoted Nashie fan base has generated record-breaking numbers for CMT. Nashville ranks as the network’s highest-rated and most-watched show in the network’s history, averaging 2.1 million weekly viewers."
The midseason return of 'Nashville' has been set for June 1.
The second half of season 5 will also bring the arrival of Jeff Nordling, Rachel Bilson, and Kaitlin Doubleday.

Don't fret folks! If you have missed any part of 'Nashville,' or you want to binge-watch it from the beginning, head on over to Hulu for your 'Nashville' fix (I will probably re-watch the entire series myself, since I'm still rehabbing from my surgery, LOL)!

My Two Cents

I'm actually happy that the show is coming back. I am curious how the show will go without Connie Britton (Rayna James) at the helm. It seemed like time stopped when we lost the character of Rayna James. I remember writing about this the day after the episode aired and I wondered who could even attempt to fit her shoes. When they came up with the episode where the cast came together to record her songs, as a fan, that warmed my heart.

I know I'm not alone here, but now what writers? What will happen to Highway 65? What will happen to the girls? Will Juliette ever record that gospel album? Where will the new characters fit into the mold?
I guess we will have to wait til June 1.


Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?