'Boy Meets World' spinoff 'Girl Meets World' canceled after 3 seasons.

gmw
If you were hoping that 'Girl Meets World' was going to return for a 4th season, yesterday you were met with disappointment. Writers for the show posted a series of tweets, confirming the abrupt ending to the widely popular Disney show:
"It is with incredible pride in our work and complete sadness that things end, that I report to this wonderful audience that our show is over. I just officially got the call, and would like to thank this audience for its incredible love and loyalty. Please watch our January episodes. We leave with you three incredible souvenirs of a show we couldn't be more proud of. As I look back I can tell you with absolute certainty - We gave you our best."
Fans of the original series and GMW were saddened by the ending of the show. The cancelation, however, was not a complete shock. Disney shows rarely go past a 3rd or 4th season.
Stars of the show expressed gratitude to the fans for their dedication. Rowan Blanchard, who played Riley Matthews (Cory and Topanga's teen daughter), made the following statement:


Is there any chance that the show can be saved somewhere else? I did some research, and sadly, there is none. Freeform and Netflix had already passed on the opportunity.

My Two Cents

I grew up watching 'Boy Meets World.' Every Friday night, I parked my teenaged butt on the couch and watched the hit show. The years following BMW's cancellation, I always wondered whatever happened to Corey and Topanga. The spinoff, 'Girl Meets World,' exceeded my expectations of the characters. Riley Matthews was the perfect combination of Cory and Topanga. Maya Hart, Riley's best friend, reminded me of Shawn Hunter (Shawn later became Maya's stepdad).

The writers of GMW did splendidly incorporating the old show in with the new, which kept me tuning in every week. I loved seeing old jokes built into new storylines. I think my favorite representation of the old show was the episode where Riley, her friends, and Cory and Topanga were at the ski lodge (BMW fans, this is the same lodge where Cory had kissed that Lindsay girl). Riley met a teen boy who was working at the lodge. They spent all night talking. The next day, as Cory, Topanga, Riley, and everyone was leaving, the teen boy told Cory that his mom (Lindsay) says 'Hi.' I remember covering my mouth with one hand, and pointing to the TV with the other, saying "DAYUM!" Best moment ever!

Am I surprised that 'Girl Meets World' is over? No. There is some slight disappointment, however.
Readers, if you are on Twitter, let me know how you feel about the ending to 'Girl Meets World.' RT me @shauna_silva
Don't forget! There are a few more episodes left until the series finale!

If you want the series to live on after the finale, one thing that my generation used to do is write fan fiction. Start a blog and get creative! :-)

I will leave you with this classic GMW scene:
gmw

Kids, make this world yours!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?