After Trump's inauguration, Civil Rights and LGBT pages on whitehouse.gov go missing.

trump
Photo Credit: dailysabah
Within hours of Trump taking oath of office, key pages on the Whitehouse's website went missing. In Trump's inaugural address, he vowed to work for all Americans. Sadly, if you are LGBT or a person of color, this doesn't include you.

Trump went into the whitehouse.gov website and immediately removed pages from the issues section.
These pages included:
-LGBT
-Civil Rights
-Healthcare
-Climate Change

Various media outlets posted the results they got when they went to visit the above pages.

The Daily Beast posted this screenshot of what used to be the LGBT page:
trump


This is a screenshot of what used to be the Civil Rights page:
trump

When you searched for "healthcare" under the Issues section, this is the result The Daily Beast got:
trump
In place of the Civil Rights page, Trump posted a page that supports racist law enforcement. He also posted on the page that inner cities should be known as "crime-ridden," and that black people are "criminals."

My Two Cents

I was going to post something about this last night, but I was too disgusted to formulate a single thought. Now that I am fully rested, I'm ready to go off on this story.

While I am not surprised that Trump is declaring war on the LGBT community and Civil Rights, I find it sickening that he has removed those pages and, in its place, has put a call for discrimination. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since he took office, and already he has set us back about 100 years. What's next? Will he take away a woman's right to vote? Will we have to be barefoot and pregnant, and abused by some a**hole male that we are forced to marry? Is he going to reinstate slavery? Are people going to be forced back into the closet?
Already, the amazing work Barack Obama and his cabinet did for equality seems like such a long time ago.

Folks, if you aren't white, male, straight, and Christian, you are public enemy #1. This is Trump's America. This is what you elected for President.

In my eyes, he is no president. He does not represent me. He does not represent my family, and he does not represent my friends.

The fact that he is also declaring war on healthcare hits me pretty hard. As my loved ones and my avid readers know, I have a lot of health issues. I have an irreversible spinal cord injury, nerve damage in my left leg, a handful of autoimmune diseases, and I require constant monitoring. I'm on state insurance, and if I lose that, I may not see 40 (I'm 34). Even if I do live to see 40, I probably won't be able to walk (I have days where I can't walk well, or at all). Millions of people across the country can relate to my story. Some are even in worse shape than I am. There are cancer patients on Obamacare and if they lose their insurance, they won't live. I've read so many stories the last few days, and it breaks my heart that we have a president that does not care an ounce for them, or me. We are on our own, folks, and we won't get a chance to have our voices heard until 2020.

I'm disgusted with the leadership in this country, and I seriously wish that we could have someone fighting for us, the LGBT community, Civil Rights, climate change, and more. :-(

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?