Woman drops 100 lbs after eliminating carbs from diet.

kristinaguice
Photo Credit: Yahoo via People
Twenty-Five year old Kristina Guice was always the 'fat kid' in school. Her diet as a kid consisted mostly of carbs. She recently spoke to People about her childhood and her weight loss journey:

"It was carbs all day every day — cereal for breakfast, nachos or a sandwich for lunch, pizza or pasta for dinner. I didn’t really like vegetables so I rarely ate salad. Bread was the love of my life, and I didn’t understand what an appropriate portion was, so I was just eating however much I wanted."

When she was accepted into a grad school across the country, the Arizona native decided to make a change.

"I was like, ‘Here is my someday. I could to a grad school program with people across the country who I’ve never met before, and I could be who I want to be."

Going to grad school wasn't the only inspiration she had in making the decision to lose weight; a close friend was also her inspiration. Two weeks before she was accepted into grad school, she lost her close friend.
Guice started reading about the ketogenic diet on social media site Reddit. She was inspired by a woman who had a similar build to her. She read about the diet and decided to give it a try.

"I was like, I can do that — and I can still eat cheese! I had heard about low-carb before and I thought I could never give up bread, but then I started reading about all you can still have."

Guice sticks to a diet of mostly meat, cheese, and vegetables. The carbs she does get are from leafy greens (and it's very little).
Guice lost 11 pounds in two weeks. She also began working out, which helped a lot in her weight loss.

Kristina Guice started a Ellipticalifragilistic Instagram account, and it now has more than 23,000 followers (click on the account name to start following her!). 
She had a goal to reach 100lbs lost by her 25th birthday. She reached her goal.
Guice told People that the best part of her weight loss journey was discovering her cheekbones (Too funny! I had the same reaction when I lost 30 pounds! Holy sh*t! Cheekbones!):

"I never thought I had cheekbones! Shopping is a lot more fun too, and being able to have five racks of clothes to choose from instead of a half rack of plus-size clothing has been a big thing."

My Two Cents

I absolutely love seeing weight loss success stories. They are so inspiring!
I, too, am on a weight loss journey. I'm not on the same diet as Kristina Guice, but I try not to eat a lot of carbs. I portion-control everything, and I only eat foods that have ingredients that I can pronounce, LOL! I also drink a lot of fluids. I have my usual 1 to 2 cups of coffee, then I drink sparkling water (no calories, no sweeteners, no sodium, nothing). I also drink a lot of green tea. At night, I settle in with sleepytime tea.
Since June, I've lost (and kept off) 30 pounds. I want to lose 20 more (those of you that follow my posts know about my health issues and physical inabilities. My weight loss has been due to my dietary changes. I do some exercising, but it's few and far between. My goal is to lose the rest of the weight by next June. I got this, LOL!).

Giving up carbs was hard for me too. I love my pastas, bread, etc. Instead of pasta, I been eating black bean pasta. It's all-natural, no carbs, high in protein, and high in fiber. It's really good (and it's safe for those of you who are vegan and vegetarian). The pasta is made up of black beans, there is no flour or anything like that in there. They also have chickpea pasta, mung bean pasta, and much more).

Anyways, I think Kristina Guice looks amazing! Keep up the great work, young lady!! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?