WTF Stories: Woman sues McDonalds for coffee burns, using fraudulent photos as proof of burn

photo credit: socialkidspot

There is no better feeling than sitting down with a hot coffee first thing in the morning. After all, coffee is the only elixir that makes one able to tolerate other people throughout the day (I know, for me, I cannot even deal with people until I've had my 8oz of the good shit-COFFEE!).

Coffee does, however, have its evil side. When in the hands of stupid people, coffee can ruin your day.

A woman from Victorville, California was allegedly burned by her McDonalds coffee. Selena Edwards claims the coffee was way too hot. Not only that, she states the lid came loose and the hot coffee poured all over her hands, giving her second degree burns.
Edwards was so pissed off at McDonalds for her fuck up, that she took pictures of these "burns" and filed a lawsuit against the fast food giant.

Her attempt at sucking the money teet of McDonalds failed, and miserably at that. She is now facing 21 counts of workers' and insurance compensation fraud.
Oh what about the photos of her burns? The photos of her burns came from a hospital's webpage! Her burns never existed! *facepalm!*
The California Insurance Commissioner is using this case to discourage copy-cats from committing the same crime (even though scammers should never breed, they tend to multiply, especially if you feed them after midnight. These folks are everywhere).

Many of us have burned ourselves from hot coffee. I've even accidentally poured hot coffee down my blouse while driving to and from work (pre-back problems). Does it suck? Of course, but it is of my own stupidity that I burn myself.

Madame Edwards tried to pull a fast one on McDonalds, but the burger giant was a tad smarter.
Look, I know that economic times are tough. Many people are getting so desperate for cash, that they try to commit fraud. However, embezzling money from companies, people, your mom, etc., is just plain wrong and stupid.
If you're an adult, you need to suckle at your own teet. If you had half a brain, you'd figure out legitimate ways to earn some cash flow.

Speaking as a gimp with metal embedded in her spine, there are ways to earn money without being a leech. I write, I signed up to be an Athena's Goddess (sex toys and aromatherapy products. I got them all!), and I don't spend more than I earn.
I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but I do know right from wrong.

It is wrong to leech off the economy (if you're an able-bodied adult). It is wrong to sue innocent people. It is wrong to commit fraud.
My suggestion to her: Stop suing everyone and find something useful to do! If I can still show up and earn my keep, you can do it too (shit, you're able-bodied for fucks sake. You don't know how lucky you are!)!

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?