Marlee Matlin responds to Trump's abhorrent comments regarding deafness.

matlintrump
Photo Credit: NYDailyNews
Marlee Matlin is one of the most ah-mazing actresses in the world. She is beautiful, talented, and a class act (I am a HUGE fan of her work, and have been for many years <3 ). She also happens to be deaf. Being deaf hasn't stopped her from living her dream, and it won't stop her from clapping back at useless a**holes like Donald Trump.

It was recently reported that not only did Trump make sexual comments toward Matlin while on Celebrity Apprentice, Trump himself called Matlin "retarded" due to her being deaf. The Daily Beast reported that the comments were made to her face and behind her back. He would also degrade her in a manner similar to how Trump mocked the NY Times reporter for being disabled.

On October 14, Marlee Matlin clapped back at Trump, saying:
"Recent media reports have circulated that Donald Trump allegedly referred me to as 'retarded.' The term is abhorrent and should never be used. The fact that we are talking about this during a very important moment in American history has upset me deeply.  

I am Deaf. There are millions of Deaf and hard of hearing people like me, in the United States and around the world who face discrimination and misunderstanding like this on a daily basis. It is unacceptable. 

So, what's my response? It's not about insults or taking each other down. As a person who is Deaf, as a woman, as a mom, as a wife, as an actor, I ahve a voice. And I'm using that voice to make myself heard...and vote.
Marlee."
Go 'head girl! I'm 100% with you! Using the 'R' word is unnecessary and insulting.

My half-brother has autism, and when he was younger, he was called the 'R' word. The term is used so loosely, it's disgusting. Saying that someone is 'R' because they are deaf, hard of hearing, disabled, etc., is horrible. Am I 'R' because I have a spinal disability? No. There is no need to use that word, Mr. Trump, and it blows my mind that a man like Trump is allowed to run for the most important seat in this country. If you care about your friends and/or family members who are deaf, hard of hearing, disabled, autistic, etc., do NOT vote for Trump.

*mic drop*

Popular posts from this blog

Powerful Herbs: Thyme

Tiny Home Living: Bodega

Kitchen Nightmares: Which restaurants are still open, and which ones have closed?